INTRODUCTION - PADDLE BOARDS
Paddle boards are a fun way to get outside and enjoy the great outdoors. They can be used in rivers, lakes, oceans and even your backyard pool. Not sure which one is best for you? The best paddle board for beginners may not be what you expect! In this article we will discuss the top 4 paddle boards for beginners so that you can find the perfect one that suits your needs.
TOP 3 AMAZON SUGGESTIONS
Goosehill Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board (CLICK HERE)
- Goosehill is a professional inflatable paddle board brand with our own SCE material strength-enhancing technology for SUP boards manufacturing and the ability to offer custom paddle boards. To know more about Goosehill and join in on adventures, follow us through social media on your favorite platform.
- The Rainbow is the perfect blend of quality, versatility, and weight. With an enhanced military-grade PVC construction, this paddle board weighs 22.5 pounds while offering extraordinary strength and durability. It measures 10 feet long by 32 inches wide by 6 inches deep to offer stability for paddlers of any age or skill level across all sorts of SUP activities in
- A complete ISUP package from the Goosehill includes everything you need: a bag, 3-piece paddle, leash, fin and repair kit. With this package, you can sail easily and with comfort on any body of water.
Bluefin Cruise SUP Package
Portofino Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- EXCELLENT ALL-ROUND SUP FOR EVERY SKILLSET & ALL CONDITIONS: The Portofino 10ft Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board from Trail Outdoor Leisure is the perfect inflatable SUP for first timers, travellers and all skill levels. From taking it out in small waves to exploring lakes or canals, this
- The Portofino starter pack comes with everything you need to hit the water without having to spend on any extras. The high-pressure pump includes a pressure gauge so that you can inflate the board to 15 PSI in less than 5 minutes before storing it away using an easy-load backpack and aluminum paddle for maximum comfort.
- The Portofino measures 10ft in length, but is wider than most other all-round SUPs and has a thinner thickness. This makes it faster to inflate, easier to carry, and allows for less wobbling when riding.
- Its inflatable construction streamlines its weight and the increased rigidity makes for a smoother ride. Reduced flex thanks to the laminated deck and internal rails improves your balance on the board. And it floats too with its 18cm x 20cm removable fin!
- The Portofino has a supple but strong hull that’s lightweight and low to the ground. It also incorporates many helpful features so you can have an amazing SUP experience, like padded handles for carrying, elasticated bungee cords to secure onboard essentials, and D-rings to tow it with a rope (sold separately).
WHAT ACCESSORIES DO I NEED WITH MY NEW BOARD (PADDLE, LEASH, LIFE VEST)
You'll need a paddle, leash and life vest:
- Paddles can be made of fiberglass or carbon fiber which will determine their weight and price point. Carbon paddles are lighter but more expensive than traditional fiberglass ones.
- Leashes come in different lengths to suit your needs. Again you should be able to purchase these in a package deal with your paddle-board! Always great to have because your paddle board can get away from you quicker than you think. Especially if it gets caught in the wind.
- Life vests are a must because you never know what kind of weather you might encounter on the water. Especially if you are using an inflatable paddle-board as it could rupture and the buoyancy will no longer be there to keep you afloat.
WHAT IS A PADDLE BOARD AND HOW DOES IT WORK
A paddle board is a combination of surfing and paddling. A person stands on top of the board and uses a paddle to propel themselves through water. Although a paddle-board is different to a surfboard as it is often longer, wider and more buoyant. All to help you stand up better. Traditionally, paddle boards have been made from a hard plastic or fibreglass material. This means they are durable and able to take more of a beating than other boards that use either soft foam or inflatable materials.
The best type of board is always going to depend on what your needs are. If all you want to do is be out on the water without any heavy paddling then an inflatable will work great for you. But if you're looking at something with some more durability, such as when travelling across open waters or using stronger surf waves. Then go with a hard plastic or fiberglass material.
THE BEST FEATURES TO LOOK FOR IN A BEGINNER'S PADDLE BOARD
PADDLE BOARDS THAT ARE GOOD FOR BEGINNERS
The best paddle boards for beginners are usually those that come with a complete package, including the board and all of the necessary equipment. This way there is no need to worry about what you don't have or whether you will be able to find it on your own. Paddle-boards can be a difficult purchase for beginners because of the variety that is available. You should ask your local retailer what they would recommend based on the type of water you are interested in paddling. This can be a local sporting goods store or a specialty paddle board shop. You'll normally get a board that is best suited for the type of water you intend to use it on and will have all the equipment included.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING YOUR FIRST PADDLE BOARD
You should always make sure that you're buying a paddle board that is good quality. Paddle boards come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so it's best to know what you're looking for before going shopping. It is recommended that beginners start with an inflatable paddle board because they are much easier to transport on land or at sea than rigid ones. They can also be very versatile; they can even become surfboards if there happens to be waves nearby! Be aware that if there are jagged edges on rocks underwater then these will cut through your board easily.
WHERE TO BUY THE BEST BEGINNER'S PADDLE BOARDS ONLINE
- Amazon: Amazon is the best place to buy a paddle board. They have many different options and it's easy for you to compare prices and reviews before making your purchase.
- Paddle Board World: Paddle Board World has an excellent selection of boards with great stability and durability.
- Best Buy: Best Buy offers some quality starter packs that ship quickly! You can find these boards on the company website or in store locations around North America. If you're looking for one at less than $300, this might be a good option for you!
OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PADDLES BOARDS BEFORE BUYING ONE
The first thing that is important to know about paddle boards before buying one is the different types of materials they are made out of. Some people prefer more stable boards with inflatable design while others enjoy lightweight solid ones. There are also SUP's (stand up paddle board) and ISUP's (Inflatable stand up paddle board) that come equipped with fins which allow them to move through water better than other models without them. If you're looking for something more durable in rougher waters like white-water rapids, try going with hard plastic instead of soft foam material so it wont rupture.
Paddle boards are expensive so buy one that suits your needs. If you would like to purchase one for leisure, then an inflatable one will be perfect for you. However, if you want one to use as an exercise tool and training board (for surfing or long distance paddling) then it would best to invest a bit more and buy a solid board. A solid board will always out perform the equivalent blow up paddle board. And yes they may take up more storage space but you don't have to blow it up every time you go to the beach.